Gabor Maté will be speaking at
BRAND MINDS 2022
We are excited to announce that Respected Physician, Speaker & Bestselling Author Gabor Maté is joining BRAND MINDS 2022!
At BRAND MINDS 2022, Gabor Maté will deliver a fascinating speech called When the body says no and delves into the mind/body unity and the stress-disease connection.
You will learn:
- Key strategies to recognize a stressful work environment and how to transform it;
- Easy-to-implement changes that will benefit your physical and emotional health;
- Tactics to create a culture where employees are creative and productive.
Gabor Maté’s keynote provides professionals in every industry with actionable strategies on stress management in both workplace and personal life.
His insights help leaders:
- Improve employee wellbeing and performance;
- Identify sources of stress at the organisational level;
- Eliminate stress throughout the organisation.
Gabor Maté is a World Leading Expert on Stress
With over 20 years of research and clinical experience, Gabor Maté’s expertise focuses on the relationship between stress and illness and how stress is greatly influencing our health and wellbeing.
Rather than offering quick-fix solutions to these complex issues, Dr Gabor Maté weaves together scientific research, case histories, and his own insights and experience to present a broad perspective that enlightens and empowers people to promote their own healing and that of those around them.
An Award-Winning International Bestselling Author
For his groundbreaking medical work and writing, Gabor Maté has been awarded the Order of Canada, his country’s highest civilian distinction, and the Civic Merit Award from his hometown, Vancouver.
An international bestseller translated into fifteen languages, When the Body Says No promotes learning and healing, providing transformative insights into how disease can be the body’s way of saying no to that the mind cannot or will not acknowledge.
- Explores the role of the mind-body link in conditions and diseases;
- Draws on medical research and the author’s clinical experience as a family physician;
- Shares dozens of enlightening case studies and stories, including those of people such as Ronald Reagan, Lance Armstrong and Stephen Hawking;
- Includes The Seven A’s of Healing: principles of healing and the prevention of illness from hidden stress.
Scattered Minds is written from the inside by a doctor who himself has Attention Deficit Disorder. It offers a completely new perspective on ADD and a new approach to helping children and adults living with the problems Attention Deficit Disorder presents.
- Demonstrates that ADD is not an inherited illness, but a reversible impairment, a developmental delay;
- Explains that in ADD, circuits in the brain whose job is emotional self-regulation and attention control fail to develop in infancy — and why;
- Shows how “tuning out” and distractibility are the psychological products of life experience, from in utero onwards;
Blending first-person accounts, riveting case studies, cutting-edge research and passionate argument, In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts takes a panoramic yet highly intimate look at this widespread and perplexing human ailment.
Countering prevailing notions of addiction as either a genetic disease or an individual moral failure, Gabor Maté presents an eloquent case that addiction — all addiction — is in fact a case of human development gone askew.
Co-developer of an innovative therapeutic approach
Gabor Maté is also co-developer of Compassionate Inquiry, an innovative therapeutic approach. This approach is an international professional training program with thousands of participants (therapists, physicians, counsellors, and others) from over 80 countries.
This program reveals what lies beneath the appearance we present to the world.
Using Compassionate Inquiry, the therapist unveils the level of consciousness, mental climate, hidden assumptions, implicit memories and body states that form the real message that words both express and conceal.
Through Compassionate Inquiry, the client can recognize the unconscious dynamics that run their lives and how to liberate themselves from them.
His documentary has been viewed by 6 million people in 230 countries
Launched in 2021, Wisdom of Trauma is a fascinating documentary focusing on Gabor Maté’s work. A week after launch, the movie had already taken the internet by storm with millions of people watching it and saying it was “groundbreaking”, “life-changing” and “thought-provoking”.
Four years in the making, Wisdom of Trauma presents powerful personal stories illuminating the connection between trauma, illness and societal stress.
In the movie, Gabor Maté shows that healing is possible and it happens on two levels: individual and collective.